September 4, 2012

On the Other Side of Kindergarten

I have been away from my blog far too long as I have been busy preparing my classroom for the upcoming school year and mentally preparing myself for my son to go to kindergarten! My son will be attending kindergarten at the same school where I teach. Actually he will be directly across the hall from me. Which at first I thought would be very difficult for him, but now as the first day approaches, I think it will be more difficult for me as I constantly worry about him.

I found this post on Pinterest and initially it just brings tears to my eyes, but then I can really put myself in the shoes of the many parents that have brought their child to my kindergarten room over the past 13 years. While I have always considered myself to be sympathetic and understanding, I have a whole new understanding of how parents feel.

First Day of Kindergarten Letter

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day when I get to be a parent and have this experience!

    I am a new follower! I hope you'll check out my manly blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg- Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comment. Having a child that is now of school has truly has given me a new perspective. I am looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete